Linda Seccaspina, Columnist
Date Published: Fri, 15 Nov 2013
Linda Seccaspina was born about the same time as the wheel was invented and the first time she realized she could tell a tale was when she got caught passing her smutty stories around in Grade 7. After she wrote her own obituary in 2010 when Derek "Wheels" Wheeler from Degrassi Jr. High died, people told her she should think about a career in writing obituaries.
Before she laid her fingers to a keyboard, Linda owned the eclectic store Flash Cadillac in Ottawa. The Ottawa Citizen newspaper labeled her "The Maiden of Death" even though they had no clue why and she has had to deal with the rumours for years.
Linda has published three books and blogs most days on Zoomers Canada. She has been called the most stubborn woman in Lanark County and has requested her ashes to be distributed in any Casino parking lot as close to any Wheel of Fortune machine as you can get. But since she published her obituary, most people assume she's already dead.
Jun 28 - Aug 30 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Aug 26 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Jul 16 Steve Marriner on the patio
Jul 17 Jon McLurg solo on the patio
Jul 18 Brea Lawrenson on the patio
Jul 18 - 25 The Flower Show art show
Michael Pittman's "Hard, hard times"
Jul 24 Tom Savage on the patio
- Take a Quick Survey for The Hub!
- Barbora Balaban — Firmly Grounded, with Dirty Hands
- Virtual Celtfest: July 4 & 5
- Have a PerfectPICNIC in Smiths Falls Support Local Restaurants, Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Bloomfest Garden Art A Show and Sale at Whitehouse Perennials
- Beautiful Music Together: an interview with Jenny Whiteley and Joey Wright
- AGH Invites You to an Evening Gala at Home!
- Orchid Viewing a Go!
- The Live Music Scene is No Joke: an interview with Mike McCormick
- Waterway Photo Tour MVFN Celebrates National Canoe Day