North Gower & Kars Discovery Tour - North Gar and Kars ON
North Gar and Kars ON
The North Gower/Kars Discovery Tour takes place over a weekend each September. A short drive into rural south Ottawa, the tour has been a stand-out event for nearly 20 years. Variety and quality are the secrets of the tour's success, according to Aaron Daley, 2014's tour coordinator. The tour has always been a dynamic combination of artisans, artists and local growers and farmers. Participants include My Front Porch; Log House Farm & Studio; Susan Preston Photography and Tree Spirit Studio; and Lara Pottery. My Front Porch features terrariums, aerials, dish gardens and living art pieces. Log House Farm & Studio has hand-dyed yarn, as well as knit, crocheted and woven items. Susan Preston's nature photography is paired with David Harper's artistic and functional turned-wood creations. Lara's Pottery has functional and decorative wheel-thrown and hand-built pottery.
Miller’s Farm Market & Garden Centre has fall plants and decor, pumpkins and produce. Magpie Hill Alpacas provides quality alpacas and alpaca products. And for the history buff, the Rideau Township branch of the Ottawa City Library is an attraction.
Discovery Tour admission is free, and tour hours are 10am to 5pm. There are demonstrations at many stops. Donations for the Ottawa Food Bank can be made at several stops. Visitors can sign up to win a gift certificate redeemable at any of the tour's stops.
Studio Tour Gallery Discovery Tour
Sep 1 - Oct 30 Transition: Ginny Fobert, Judi Miller, Dayle VanAlstine
Sep 24 - Oct 24 Private Art Collection
Oct 16 Savage Family Band
Oct 19 Doug van der Horden
Oct 21 Jazz Night w/Spencer Evans
Oct 23 Jeff Callery
Oct 23 - 24 Red Trillium Studio Tour
Oct 26 Bon Evans & Dave Bull
- Keith Busher — Art Advocate & Provocateur, Gallery Owner and Curator
- Romp, Stomp & Chomp! Thanksgiving Art Tour in Mississippi Mills
- One Day Only Open Studio Art by Catherine Orfald and Rita Redner
- More Music at MERA!
- From Quiet to Concerts Almonte in Concert Returns to Old Town Hall This Fall
- Leave the Leaves (and other counter-intuitive suggestions)
- Rural Root Goes Fishing! The Great Kooshog Lake Hollis McCauley Fishing Derby
- Fall Colours Walk at Blueberry Mountain
- Red Trillium Fall Tour
- Pumpkins-Plus in Perth Ghost Walks, Pumpkin Carving and More!