Mississippi Valley Textile Museum - Almonte ON
3 Rosamond St. E Almonte ON K0A 1A0
Located in the annex of the former Rosamond Woolen Company in Almonte, exhibitions range from early mill history and period mill equipment to cottage industry and eclectic modern fibre art exhibitions. The multi-purpose room (available for rental) features a large sink and can accommodate up to ten folding tables (provided), making it an ideal space for art and craft workshops and classes. It is equipped with a high-definition projector and drop-down screen for presentations, video and wifi access, as well as a podium, and it can seat up to 50 people. The MVTM is seeking volunteers to assist in historical research, to greet visitors and give tours, run educational programs, work on displays and exhibits, work with artifacts, help out at special events, and more!
All Hosted Events
Sat, 26 Sep 2020 - Sat, 26 Sep
All are welcome at the Textile Museum's Annual General Meeting; only members can vote (join at mvtm.ca). Please wear a mask & social distance. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sep 18.
Mississippi Valley Textile Museum
use Malcolm St. entrance
Sep 1 - 30 Franc van Oort: Italy in Watercolour
Sep 4 - 26 Claudio Valentini
Sep 22 Matt Dickson
Sep 24 Al Lerman
Sep 25 John Wilberforce
Sep 26 East Coast Experience
Sep 26 - Oct 18 Private Contemporary Art Collection
Sep 27 Subprime
Sep 27 Child Haven Indian Market
Sep 28 Spencer Scharf
- Lynn Melbourne — A Gift for People
- 25th Annual (1st Virtual) Fibrefest
- BOTR’s New “COVID Fighter” Fall Series
- Warden’s Slow Roll & Official Alameda Opening
- “Market Masala” Child Haven Fundraiser
- Recreating Creativity — Classes during COVID
- Back to School 2020: Choose Your Own Adventure
- Picnics and Musicand Trains, Oh My!
- Recreating Creativity: Visual Arts
- What’s Black and White and Hard to Move?