Mississippi Valley Textile Museum - Almonte ON
3 Rosamond St. E Almonte ON K0A 1A0
Located in the annex of the former Rosamond Woolen Company in Almonte, exhibitions range from early mill history and period mill equipment to cottage industry and eclectic modern fibre art exhibitions. The multi-purpose room (available for rental) features a large sink and can accommodate up to ten folding tables (provided), making it an ideal space for art and craft workshops and classes. It is equipped with a high-definition projector and drop-down screen for presentations, video and wifi access, as well as a podium, and it can seat up to 50 people. The MVTM is seeking volunteers to assist in historical research, to greet visitors and give tours, run educational programs, work on displays and exhibits, work with artifacts, help out at special events, and more!
Feb 17 - Mar 26 Exhibition: Mary Pfaff's paintings
Mar 10 - Apr 16 Exhibition: Jim Hake's Sculptures
- Kaija Savinainen —A Brush with a Gifted Environmental Activist
- Interested in Writing? Check Out Winterwords Online Events!
- Artistic Excellence in our Area
- Build a Birdhouse!
- Happy Hiking: an Interview with Vickie Walsh
- The Last Generation: to Act on Climate Change
- Hedgerow (where the domestic and the wild mix and mingle)
- Finding Joy in Lockdown
- Back to Better in the Valley
- Dear Little One