Puppets Up! International Puppet Festival - Almonte ON
Kris Riendeau, Volunteer Coordinator
Almonte ON K0A 1A0
This two-day festival is unique on the international scene and takes over Almonte's Mill Street and the surrounding area every August. Ten shows on five stages, street vendors, family friendly activities and a parade on both days add up to make one exceptional weekend. Operated by volunteers, the festival has lots of fun jobs to choose from: ticket sellers, theatre hosts, parade marshals, stagehands, kids’ craft tent helpers, and more. Volunteers get festival T-shirts and festival passes.
The 2015 festival will take place August 7th - 9th. This year 12 troupes include Iceland's Worlds of Puppets with "Peter and the Wolf", Rhode Island's Big Nazo Lab's "Intergalactic Creature Band", and "Pigs in a Canoe" (in English and French) by WP Puppet Theatre from Calgary Alberta, plus nine others. Shows geared towards young and older kids take place in tents and theatres, while buskers and parades keep the street hopping. There’s also a kids’ craft tent, puppet marketplace, great food and lots more!
Jun 28 - Aug 30 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Aug 26 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Jul 10 Brock Zeman on the patio
Jul 16 Steve Marriner on the patio
Jul 17 Jon McLurg solo on the patio
Jul 18 Brea Lawrenson on the patio
Jul 18 - 25 The Flower Show art show
- Take a Quick Survey for The Hub!
- Barbora Balaban — Firmly Grounded, with Dirty Hands
- Virtual Celtfest: July 4 & 5
- Have a PerfectPICNIC in Smiths Falls Support Local Restaurants, Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Bloomfest Garden Art A Show and Sale at Whitehouse Perennials
- Beautiful Music Together: an interview with Jenny Whiteley and Joey Wright
- AGH Invites You to an Evening Gala at Home!
- Orchid Viewing a Go!
- The Live Music Scene is No Joke: an interview with Mike McCormick
- Waterway Photo Tour MVFN Celebrates National Canoe Day