Puppets Up! International Puppet Festival - Almonte ON
Kris Riendeau, Volunteer Coordinator
Almonte ON K0A 1A0
This two-day festival is unique on the international scene and takes over Almonte's Mill Street and the surrounding area every August. Ten shows on five stages, street vendors, family friendly activities and a parade on both days add up to make one exceptional weekend. Operated by volunteers, the festival has lots of fun jobs to choose from: ticket sellers, theatre hosts, parade marshals, stagehands, kids’ craft tent helpers, and more. Volunteers get festival T-shirts and festival passes.
The 2015 festival will take place August 7th - 9th. This year 12 troupes include Iceland's Worlds of Puppets with "Peter and the Wolf", Rhode Island's Big Nazo Lab's "Intergalactic Creature Band", and "Pigs in a Canoe" (in English and French) by WP Puppet Theatre from Calgary Alberta, plus nine others. Shows geared towards young and older kids take place in tents and theatres, while buskers and parades keep the street hopping. There’s also a kids’ craft tent, puppet marketplace, great food and lots more!
- Humming On in Uncertain Times
- Supporting Canadian Authors, Bookstores and Publishers in Precarious Times
- Reflections on Public Library Closures During COVID-19
- In-Between Days
- Just a Bunch of Country Kids!
- Call Your Neighbour: Building Communities in Difficult Times
- The Power of Tech Shabbats
- Stand and Listen
- Local Residents Roll Up their Sleeves on Climate Action
- The Music Will Keep Playing