Rideau Canal Visitors Centre - Smiths Falls ON
34 Beckwith St. South Smiths Falls ON K7A 2A8
The Rideau Canal Visitor Centre is the flagship interpretation centre for the historic Rideau Canal system - a National Historic Site of Canada, a designated Canadian Heritage River, and a UNESCO World Heritage destination. Inside, exhibits bring to life the history of the canal – its construction from 1826-1831, its role throughout history, as well as the distinct lifestyle associated with the Rideau Waterway.
Housed in a 19th century stone mill, the Visitor Information Centre features four-floors of exhibits and a 15 minute video presentation.
Near the Visitor Information Centre is an impressive modern hydraulic system at the Smiths Falls Combined Locks as well as the original 3-lift manual system built by Lt. Colonel By in 1829.
Jun 28 - Aug 30 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Aug 26 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Jul 10 Brock Zeman on the patio
Jul 16 Steve Marriner on the patio
Jul 17 Jon McLurg solo on the patio
Jul 18 Brea Lawrenson on the patio
Jul 18 - 25 The Flower Show art show
- Take a Quick Survey for The Hub!
- Barbora Balaban — Firmly Grounded, with Dirty Hands
- Virtual Celtfest: July 4 & 5
- Have a PerfectPICNIC in Smiths Falls Support Local Restaurants, Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Bloomfest Garden Art A Show and Sale at Whitehouse Perennials
- Beautiful Music Together: an interview with Jenny Whiteley and Joey Wright
- AGH Invites You to an Evening Gala at Home!
- Orchid Viewing a Go!
- The Live Music Scene is No Joke: an interview with Mike McCormick
- Waterway Photo Tour MVFN Celebrates National Canoe Day