Rideau Canal Visitors Centre - Smiths Falls ON
34 Beckwith St. South Smiths Falls ON K7A 2A8
The Rideau Canal Visitor Centre is the flagship interpretation centre for the historic Rideau Canal system - a National Historic Site of Canada, a designated Canadian Heritage River, and a UNESCO World Heritage destination. Inside, exhibits bring to life the history of the canal – its construction from 1826-1831, its role throughout history, as well as the distinct lifestyle associated with the Rideau Waterway.
Housed in a 19th century stone mill, the Visitor Information Centre features four-floors of exhibits and a 15 minute video presentation.
Near the Visitor Information Centre is an impressive modern hydraulic system at the Smiths Falls Combined Locks as well as the original 3-lift manual system built by Lt. Colonel By in 1829.
May 1 - 31 Exhibition: Jeweller Anne-Marie Chagnon
May 2 - Jun 20 Exhibition: Visible Mending
May 16 Teagan McLaren
May 17 Sue Prosser
May 20 Eric Uren
May 21 John Wilberforce
May 21 Spring Makers' Market
May 22 - Sep 5 Head Over Heels
May 23 The Co-conspirators
- Patrick John Mills — An Artist to Look Up To
- Perth’s First AnnualShort Film Festival
- Return of the Rag Bag Cabaret!
- This Year, Next Yearat Studio Theatre
- TNIM PresentsDrinking Habits
- Art in the Attic — Close to Home
- Vintage Market Trunk Sale at MERA
- Summer Fun that’s Good for Your CV
- Classical Concert for Refugee Resettlement
- Catch the Blues Bossat The Cove Inn