Heritage House Museum - Smiths Falls ON
11 Old Slys Road Smiths Falls ON K7A 3M3
A visit to Heritage House includes a tour of 8 period rooms furnished to depict the lifestyle of the times. The Museum’s unique mirror-image facades, indoor brick bake oven and two-story privy preserve an atmosphere of the past in the once derelict house. Enjoy a picnic near our gardens or take a short stroll through parkland to the Rideau Canal and Old Sly's Lockstation.
Presented year round are changing exhibitions and art shows, a variety of special events, workshops and school and children’s programs, including day camps.
Also available are meeting space rentals, gift shop and a Victorian setting for wedding ceremonies and photographs.
All Hosted Events
Haunted Heritage House
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 - Fri, 30 Oct (each Fri Sat)
Time: 7:00PM - 21:00
Are you brave enough to wander through the rooms in the dark? You’ll be given a flashlight and you will tour through the rooms and corridors of this 1860s home. With many hiding places and some very eerie sights, sounds and characters, this will be a great introduction to the haunting season. After your tour you can enjoy some Halloween treats, cotton candy and homemade apple cider to warm and calm the nerves. Tours take place from 7–9pm. $10; $5 ages 12 and under. Tickets: hauntedheritagehouse.eventbrite.ca. Masks req'd.
Heritage House Museum
11 Old Slys Road
, Smiths Falls
Sep 4 - Nov 1 Claudio Valentini
Sep 26 - Nov 1 Fall into Xmas w/Pancakes on the Porch
Oct 6 - Nov 30 Eric Uren & guests
Oct 9 - 31 Expressions of Art Online
Oct 24 - 25 Trunk Show: Glass by Jennifer Kelly
Oct 24 - 25 Red Trillium Studio Tour
Oct 25 The Michael Moore Project
Oct 29 Rob Lutes & Rob MacDonald
- Dear Readers,
- Ginny Fobert — Don’t Quit; Prove Him Wrong!
- Spider Web-inar: Hallowe’en Shorts Humm Team Productions’ Zoom Fundraiser for Community Theatres
- Recreating Creativity: Virtual Vernissages, Outdoor Trunk Shows, Online Art Tours!
- Putting Some FUN in Fundraising! Studio Theatre Perth Presents Nosferatu with an Original Score
- Rockin’ on Russell Street An interview with Patrick Maloney, Owner of Bowie’s in Smiths Falls
- Rural Root Presents Bad Auditions… On Camera
- From Anne Shirley to Shirley Deugo-Fulton Two Kindred Spirits Who Invite Us to Be Thankful in October
- Meet Local Climate Leader Sue Brandum
- Front Yard Homesteading