Vine Rhymes - Songwriters, Poets & Storytellers - Smiths Falls ON
Listing Contact: Email: email@example.com
Helen Latimer-Hanah, Founder 613-284-2243
Smiths Falls ON
In 2005, Vine Rhymes — Smiths Falls & Area Songwriters, Poet, and Storytellers — held their first meeting at the home of group founder, Helen Latimer-Hanah. Helen had mentioned to local singer/songwriter Beth Bernhardt of her intention to start a writer’s group with the mandate to give “inspiration and encouragement” of like mind, Beth immediately offered her support, and Vine Rhymes was launched.
To their delight, four people showed up to that first meeting, making an even half dozen counting themselves. Since then, Vine Rhymes has received approximately 100 inquiries and, while a number of writers have come and gone, a core group of 10–12 has evolved.
A regular meeting might touch on a wide variety of topics, from networking to a bit of theory or mini-writing sessions. Three topics are given each month, to help provide inspiration and possibly dislodge a stubborn writer’s block. The atmosphere remains relaxed and non-intimidating, yet with sufficient structure to keep the group moving forward. At meetings, you’ll hear a delightful array of original compositions as well as a few cover tunes. Storytelling was added to the mix a couple of years ago, so you are quite apt to hear a tall, or not so tall, tale or two as well. Food Bank items are accepted and there is no cover charge.
Jun 28 - Aug 30 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Aug 26 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Jul 10 Brock Zeman on the patio
Jul 16 Steve Marriner on the patio
Jul 17 Jon McLurg solo on the patio
Jul 18 Brea Lawrenson on the patio
Jul 18 - 25 The Flower Show art show
- Take a Quick Survey for The Hub!
- Barbora Balaban — Firmly Grounded, with Dirty Hands
- Virtual Celtfest: July 4 & 5
- Have a PerfectPICNIC in Smiths Falls Support Local Restaurants, Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Bloomfest Garden Art A Show and Sale at Whitehouse Perennials
- Beautiful Music Together: an interview with Jenny Whiteley and Joey Wright
- AGH Invites You to an Evening Gala at Home!
- Orchid Viewing a Go!
- The Live Music Scene is No Joke: an interview with Mike McCormick
- Waterway Photo Tour MVFN Celebrates National Canoe Day