High Lonesome Nature Reserve - Pakenham ON
867 Carbine Road Pakenham ON K0A 2X0
High Lonesome, a 200-acre property located in the Pakenham Hills, was donated to the MMLT by the family of the late Barry Spicer in April 2012. A network of trails through the forests, over the hills and streams, by the ponds and through the meadows has been developed and cared for by the donor’s brother Ken Spicer. Ken has documented many of the natural riches found there, shared them with the MMLT and encouraged the Land Trust to complete the work he began. MMLT has committed to conserve High Lonesome as a nature reserve in perpetuity.
Trails are open to the public; organized groups must complete an application form with the MMLT.
Go Wild Gala Supports Local Land Trust October 2019
- Humming On in Uncertain Times
- Supporting Canadian Authors, Bookstores and Publishers in Precarious Times
- Reflections on Public Library Closures During COVID-19
- In-Between Days
- Just a Bunch of Country Kids!
- Call Your Neighbour: Building Communities in Difficult Times
- The Power of Tech Shabbats
- Stand and Listen
- Local Residents Roll Up their Sleeves on Climate Action
- The Music Will Keep Playing