High Lonesome Nature Reserve - Pakenham ON
867 Carbine Road Pakenham ON K0A 2X0
High Lonesome, a 200-acre property located in the Pakenham Hills, was donated to the MMLT by the family of the late Barry Spicer in April 2012. A network of trails through the forests, over the hills and streams, by the ponds and through the meadows has been developed and cared for by the donor’s brother Ken Spicer. Ken has documented many of the natural riches found there, shared them with the MMLT and encouraged the Land Trust to complete the work he began. MMLT has committed to conserve High Lonesome as a nature reserve in perpetuity.
Trails are open to the public; organized groups must complete an application form with the MMLT.
Go Wild Gala Supports Local Land Trust October 2019
Sep 1 - 30 Franc van Oort: Italy in Watercolour
Sep 4 - Nov 1 Claudio Valentini
Sep 26 - Nov 1 Fall into Xmas w/Pancakes on the Porch
Sep 26 - Oct 18 Private Contemporary Art Collection
Sep 29 Steve Stacey w/Pat Robillard
Oct 1 Spencer Evans solo
Oct 2 Nolan Hubbard
Oct 3 Scott & Kate Live!
Oct 3 - 4 MAG Artists Online Studio Tour
Oct 6 - 31 Songwriter Night w/Eric Uren
- Lynn Melbourne — A Gift for People
- 25th Annual (1st Virtual) Fibrefest
- BOTR’s New “COVID Fighter” Fall Series
- Warden’s Slow Roll & Official Alameda Opening
- “Market Masala” Child Haven Fundraiser
- Recreating Creativity — Classes during COVID
- Back to School 2020: Choose Your Own Adventure
- Picnics and Musicand Trains, Oh My!
- Recreating Creativity: Visual Arts
- What’s Black and White and Hard to Move?