Ottawa Home-Based Learning Network - Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
HBLN is a community-based, volunteer-run, informal association of families in the Ottawa-Gatineau region who are interested in alternatives to the school system. All HBLN activities are initiated and organized by our members.
Some activities that have been offered to HBLN families over the years include science workshops, group visits to local museums, swimming lessons, used book sales, gymnastics lessons, music activities, history events, book clubs, craft groups, picnics, field trips, sports days at the YMCA, pot luck suppers, creative writing and drama classes, teen-oriented social events, and large homeschooling conferences. Throughout the year there are informal chat nights where parents can socialize with other HBLN families while sharing ideas, resources and concerns.
Jun 28 - Aug 30 Head Over Heels on the patio
Jun 29 - Aug 31 Weavers Unlimited Exhibit & Sale
Jul 1 - Aug 26 Rack 'N Tunes w/Shawn McCullough on the patio
Jul 16 Steve Marriner on the patio
Jul 17 Jon McLurg solo on the patio
Jul 18 Brea Lawrenson on the patio
Jul 18 - 25 The Flower Show art show
Michael Pittman's "Hard, hard times"
Jul 24 Tom Savage on the patio
- Take a Quick Survey for The Hub!
- Barbora Balaban — Firmly Grounded, with Dirty Hands
- Virtual Celtfest: July 4 & 5
- Have a PerfectPICNIC in Smiths Falls Support Local Restaurants, Enjoy the Outdoors!
- Bloomfest Garden Art A Show and Sale at Whitehouse Perennials
- Beautiful Music Together: an interview with Jenny Whiteley and Joey Wright
- AGH Invites You to an Evening Gala at Home!
- Orchid Viewing a Go!
- The Live Music Scene is No Joke: an interview with Mike McCormick
- Waterway Photo Tour MVFN Celebrates National Canoe Day