Ottawa Home-Based Learning Network - Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
HBLN is a community-based, volunteer-run, informal association of families in the Ottawa-Gatineau region who are interested in alternatives to the school system. All HBLN activities are initiated and organized by our members.
Some activities that have been offered to HBLN families over the years include science workshops, group visits to local museums, swimming lessons, used book sales, gymnastics lessons, music activities, history events, book clubs, craft groups, picnics, field trips, sports days at the YMCA, pot luck suppers, creative writing and drama classes, teen-oriented social events, and large homeschooling conferences. Throughout the year there are informal chat nights where parents can socialize with other HBLN families while sharing ideas, resources and concerns.
Sep 1 - 30 Franc van Oort: Italy in Watercolour
Sep 4 - Nov 1 Claudio Valentini
Sep 26 - Nov 1 Fall into Xmas w/Pancakes on the Porch
Sep 26 - Oct 18 Private Contemporary Art Collection
Sep 28 Spencer Scharf
Sep 29 Steve Stacey w/Pat Robillard
Oct 1 Spencer Evans solo
Oct 2 Nolan Hubbard
Oct 3 Scott & Kate Live!
Oct 3 - 4 MAG Artists Online Studio Tour
- Lynn Melbourne — A Gift for People
- 25th Annual (1st Virtual) Fibrefest
- BOTR’s New “COVID Fighter” Fall Series
- Warden’s Slow Roll & Official Alameda Opening
- “Market Masala” Child Haven Fundraiser
- Recreating Creativity — Classes during COVID
- Back to School 2020: Choose Your Own Adventure
- Picnics and Musicand Trains, Oh My!
- Recreating Creativity: Visual Arts
- What’s Black and White and Hard to Move?