Out of the Box Fibre Artists - Ottawa and the Valley ON
Ottawa and the Valley ON
The Out of the Box group of Ottawa and area artists is passionate about creating innovative and thought-provoking works of art with fibre, our preferred medium. Our membership includes machine and/or hand embroiderers, art quilters, weavers, felters, doll makers, embellishers, silk painters, appraisers, dyers as well as other needle workers and mixed media and fine artists. We are a co-op organization and therefore we place strong emphasis on activities that share expertise for the continuing artistic development of all.
Our focus in meetings is on sharing art techniques, design ideas, artistic processes and inspiration, as well as our thoughts on the business and critiquing of our art. We come from all walks of life, but are drawn together by our love for texture, colour, and creation in an atmosphere of mutual support and camaraderie.
We meet once a month to share ideas, techniques and inspiration, and from time to time host fibre art workshops, artistic challenges for our members and mount exhibitions in the community.
Out of the Box Fibre Artists
Sep 1 - 30 Franc van Oort: Italy in Watercolour
Sep 26 - Nov 1 Fall into Xmas w/Pancakes on the Porch
Sep 26 - Oct 18 Private Contemporary Art Collection
Sep 27 Subprime
Sep 27 Child Haven Indian Market
Sep 28 Spencer Scharf
Sep 29 Steve Stacey w/Pat Robillard
Oct 1 Spencer Evans solo
Oct 2 Nolan Hubbard
Oct 3 Scott & Kate Live!
- Lynn Melbourne — A Gift for People
- 25th Annual (1st Virtual) Fibrefest
- BOTR’s New “COVID Fighter” Fall Series
- Warden’s Slow Roll & Official Alameda Opening
- “Market Masala” Child Haven Fundraiser
- Recreating Creativity — Classes during COVID
- Back to School 2020: Choose Your Own Adventure
- Picnics and Musicand Trains, Oh My!
- Recreating Creativity: Visual Arts
- What’s Black and White and Hard to Move?