Wintergreen Studios - S. Frontenac
90 Wintergreen Lane (prev. 9780 Canoe Lake Rd.) S. Frontenac K0K 3N0
Wintergreen Studios was established when a small group of people came together to create a place where they could all become more connected to the earth and to one another. They offer educational programming for sustainable living, with a focus on how the arts can help. They provide retreat and meeting facilities for individuals and groups, such as families interested in a wilderness weekend retreat. Wintergreen also hosts weddings. Their lodge, cabins and land are in the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve in Southeastern Ontario. They serve bountiful meals, featuring local and organic foods, much of which is grown in their own gardens. There are always vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan options, and they serve responsibly sourced fish, local poultry, pork, goat, and beef.
Wintergreen Studios is a not-for-profit registered charity, incorporated in 2007. The lodge was built in the summer and fall of 2008 and our first workshops were offered in the fall of 2008. Wintergreen inspired the development of a community-based renewable energy initiative and is home to Wintergreen Studios Press.
May 1 - 31 Exhibition: Jeweller Anne-Marie Chagnon
May 2 - Jun 20 Exhibition: Visible Mending
May 16 Teagan McLaren
May 17 Sue Prosser
May 20 Eric Uren
May 21 John Wilberforce
May 21 Spring Makers' Market
May 22 - Sep 5 Head Over Heels
May 23 The Co-conspirators
- Patrick John Mills — An Artist to Look Up To
- Perth’s First AnnualShort Film Festival
- Return of the Rag Bag Cabaret!
- This Year, Next Yearat Studio Theatre
- TNIM PresentsDrinking Habits
- Art in the Attic — Close to Home
- Vintage Market Trunk Sale at MERA
- Summer Fun that’s Good for Your CV
- Classical Concert for Refugee Resettlement
- Catch the Blues Bossat The Cove Inn