Puppets Up! International Puppet Festival - Almonte ON
Kris Riendeau, Volunteer Coordinator
Almonte ON K0A 1A0
This two-day festival is unique on the international scene and takes over Almonte's Mill Street and the surrounding area every August. Ten shows on five stages, street vendors, family friendly activities and a parade on both days add up to make one exceptional weekend. Operated by volunteers, the festival has lots of fun jobs to choose from: ticket sellers, theatre hosts, parade marshals, stagehands, kids’ craft tent helpers, and more. Volunteers get festival T-shirts and festival passes.
The 2015 festival will take place August 7th - 9th. This year 12 troupes include Iceland's Worlds of Puppets with "Peter and the Wolf", Rhode Island's Big Nazo Lab's "Intergalactic Creature Band", and "Pigs in a Canoe" (in English and French) by WP Puppet Theatre from Calgary Alberta, plus nine others. Shows geared towards young and older kids take place in tents and theatres, while buskers and parades keep the street hopping. There’s also a kids’ craft tent, puppet marketplace, great food and lots more!
Jun 23 - Jul 30 Exhibition: William Liao
Jul 1 - 31 Exhibition: Jeweller Anne-Marie Chagnon
Jul 1 - Aug 25 Canadian Local: paintings, handweaving, jewellery
Jul 4 - Aug 31 Head Over Heels
Jul 6 - 27 Nolan Hubbard
Jul 8 - Sep 2 Jazz Night w/Spencer Evans Trio
Jul 21 - Aug 2 Bloomfest Garden Art Show & Sale
Jul 29 - 30 Miss Emily w/opener Frank Ryan
Aug 2 The Co-conspirators
- Danielle Barabé-Bussières: Nature/Wildlife Photographer
- Red TrilliumStudio Tour, July 3 & 4
- Almonte Celtfest is Turning 25!
- Pleasure in the Small Things Part 3 of the Clothesline Saga
- MidSummer Herbfest A Virtual Celebration of Healthy Living
- Music at Daisy Dell Farm
- Three Artistic Outings in the Valley
- “Ditch ‘Settlers' — Use ‘Neighbours'” An Interview with Tony Belcourt
- Radiothon To Support Local Land Trust
- Bloomfest Garden Art Show and Sale