Ottawa Home-Based Learning Network - Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
Ottawa-Gatineau Region ON
HBLN is a community-based, volunteer-run, informal association of families in the Ottawa-Gatineau region who are interested in alternatives to the school system. All HBLN activities are initiated and organized by our members.
Some activities that have been offered to HBLN families over the years include science workshops, group visits to local museums, swimming lessons, used book sales, gymnastics lessons, music activities, history events, book clubs, craft groups, picnics, field trips, sports days at the YMCA, pot luck suppers, creative writing and drama classes, teen-oriented social events, and large homeschooling conferences. Throughout the year there are informal chat nights where parents can socialize with other HBLN families while sharing ideas, resources and concerns.
May 12 - Jun 18 Exhibition: Close to Home
- Jennifer Anne Kelly — The Glass is Way More than Half-Full
- Tickets PleaseKeeps on Humming!
- Local Libraries are Flourishing!
- Farmers’ Markets: Open for the Season! Almonte Carleton Place Carp
- “Grow a Row” for Food Banks this Year
- MVTM Wants to Exhibit Your Textile Crafts!
- Close to Home
- Protecting Our Pollinators CNL Youth Group for Climate Action Devises an Inspiring Community Project
- Lockdown Scavenger Hunt:Food Foraging with Kids
- One Magic Summer The Academy for Musical Theatre’s Safe & Interactive Summer Camp Experience