Out of the Box Fibre Artists - Ottawa and the Valley ON
Ottawa and the Valley ON
The Out of the Box group of Ottawa and area artists is passionate about creating innovative and thought-provoking works of art with fibre, our preferred medium. Our membership includes machine and/or hand embroiderers, art quilters, weavers, felters, doll makers, embellishers, silk painters, appraisers, dyers as well as other needle workers and mixed media and fine artists. We are a co-op organization and therefore we place strong emphasis on activities that share expertise for the continuing artistic development of all.
Our focus in meetings is on sharing art techniques, design ideas, artistic processes and inspiration, as well as our thoughts on the business and critiquing of our art. We come from all walks of life, but are drawn together by our love for texture, colour, and creation in an atmosphere of mutual support and camaraderie.
We meet once a month to share ideas, techniques and inspiration, and from time to time host fibre art workshops, artistic challenges for our members and mount exhibitions in the community.
Out of the Box Fibre Artists
Jul 1 - Aug 25 Canadian Local: paintings, handweaving, jewellery
Jul 4 - Aug 31 Head Over Heels
Jul 8 - Sep 2 Jazz Night w/Spencer Evans Trio
Aug 8 Henry Norwood
Aug 9 David James Allen
Aug 10 Cam Wyatt
Aug 12 Greg Ball & Joe Carscallen
- Chris Lemaire — Powerful Art
- A Dramatic Turn of Events for Live Theatre!
- Festival of the Wild Child Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Returns on August 28
- Go Play Outdoors! An Interview with Summer Theatre Smiths Falls
- Get Your Art Fix in the Valley!
- Magic Returns to Smiths Falls! OUTERBRIDGE – Clockwork Mysteries Shows Start on August 6
- A.D. Redux — Almonte Art Crawl & Show
- Merrickville Festivalof the Arts
- Artist and Studio Tour in Perth
- A Midsummer Night in Perth Landscapes Interpreted through Art and Fashion