WinterWords - Mississippi Mills
Listing Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winterwords — Your Invitation to Write
If you like to write, theHumm would like to hear from you! We’re looking to publish (in print and/or online) up to 1000 words on the theme of “Back to Better in the Valley”. Please write from a personal point of view, and consider focusing on our Ottawa Valley community. Is there something that needs to get “better” as we begin to return to “normal”? Is there something that already seems better to you? Are you feeling hopeful? Galvanized? Terrified? Cynical?
Winterwords is open to essays, poetry, short stories (fiction), creative non-fiction, short plays, memoirs and songs. If we’ve left something out, feel free to send us a suggestion!
The key is to keep it personal. A personal story has the ability to open hearts and change minds, and that’s the kind of good stuff that strengthens communities — even when (or perhaps especially when) it challenges.
Our first deadline is Wednesday, January 20 for the February issue of theHumm. If you send in something great and we have space to run it, we will! But if you can’t make time to write over the holidays, don’t despair — we’ve got more issues coming up after that. And if you are a seasoned writer (poet, songwriter…) and would be interested in facilitating a Zoom meet-up or workshop, please email us.
May 12 - Jun 18 Exhibition: Close to Home
- Jennifer Anne Kelly — The Glass is Way More than Half-Full
- Tickets PleaseKeeps on Humming!
- Local Libraries are Flourishing!
- Farmers’ Markets: Open for the Season! Almonte Carleton Place Carp
- “Grow a Row” for Food Banks this Year
- MVTM Wants to Exhibit Your Textile Crafts!
- Close to Home
- Protecting Our Pollinators CNL Youth Group for Climate Action Devises an Inspiring Community Project
- Lockdown Scavenger Hunt:Food Foraging with Kids
- One Magic Summer The Academy for Musical Theatre’s Safe & Interactive Summer Camp Experience