Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists - Almonte
Almonte K0A 1A0
MVFN is an active field naturalist club founded in 1988 to increase public interest, knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and respect for the natural world. They are committed to increasing the knowledge and awareness of local species and their habitat, and of the importance of conservation, and offer many activities, from monthly natural history talks, nature walks, field trips, canoe/kayak outings, citizen science and opportunities to explore many fascinating aspects of our natural world. The club is run entirely by volunteers, from the Board of Directors, to leaders of outings, refreshment and audiovisual duty at nature talks/presentations, vital communication on activities and projects, and labour for habitat and trail creation projects.
All Hosted Events
MVFN Meeting: How Birds Took Flight
Thu, 18 Nov 2021 - Thu, 18 Nov
Dr. Alex Dececchi, from S. Dakota, speaks on How Birds Took Flight. The Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists' meetings are on the 3rd Thursday of the month. They start with a session on nature sightings by members, followed by a guest speaker. MVFN members are emailed the link to the Zoom meeting a week ahead of time. If you need to join or renew your membership, please go to the MVFN website in the JOIN US section and complete the membership form.
Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists
, contact for link
Sep 1 - Oct 30 Transition: Ginny Fobert, Judi Miller, Dayle VanAlstine
Sep 24 - Oct 24 Private Art Collection
Oct 23 Jeff Callery
Oct 23 - 24 Red Trillium Studio Tour
Oct 26 Bon Evans & Dave Bull
Oct 28 Al Lerman
Oct 29 Matt Dickson
Oct 30 Chris Murphy
Nov 6 - 7 Itty Bitty Arts & Crafts Show
- Keith Busher — Art Advocate & Provocateur, Gallery Owner and Curator
- Romp, Stomp & Chomp! Thanksgiving Art Tour in Mississippi Mills
- One Day Only Open Studio Art by Catherine Orfald and Rita Redner
- More Music at MERA!
- From Quiet to Concerts Almonte in Concert Returns to Old Town Hall This Fall
- Leave the Leaves (and other counter-intuitive suggestions)
- Rural Root Goes Fishing! The Great Kooshog Lake Hollis McCauley Fishing Derby
- Fall Colours Walk at Blueberry Mountain
- Red Trillium Fall Tour
- Pumpkins-Plus in Perth Ghost Walks, Pumpkin Carving and More!