Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists - Almonte
Almonte K0A 1A0
MVFN is an active field naturalist club founded in 1988 to increase public interest, knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and respect for the natural world. They are committed to increasing the knowledge and awareness of local species and their habitat, and of the importance of conservation, and offer many activities, from monthly natural history talks, nature walks, field trips, canoe/kayak outings, citizen science and opportunities to explore many fascinating aspects of our natural world. The club is run entirely by volunteers, from the Board of Directors, to leaders of outings, refreshment and audiovisual duty at nature talks/presentations, vital communication on activities and projects, and labour for habitat and trail creation projects.
- Jack Stekelenburg — “Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?”
- Pop, Pivots & Pirouettes Folkus presents The Pairs & Tragedy Ann,In-Person and Virtually!
- ** CANCELLED ** The Snow Moon Festival
- Meet the Artist —Mireille Asselin, Soprano
- Bane of All Things — a Début Novel
- Carleton Place Library Reopens to the Public
- Almonte Lectures
- A New Year: Determined Action! Lanark County Creates Its Climate Action Plan
- Birdhouse Bonanza 2022
- Not In My Back Yard? An Ode to Community Gardens