North Lanark Regional Museum (Appleton Museum) - Appleton
647 River Rd. Appleton K0A 1A0
The North Lanark Regional Museum is owned and operated by the North Lanark Historical Society with the goal of collecting, preserving and displaying the history of Mississippi Mills. The museum features several exhibit spaces including seasonal exhibits, permanent local history exhibits, and a pioneer log cabin. The museum is the perfect destination for families with young children, retirees and history buffs in general.
Seasonal opening hours and visits by appointment off-season.
All Hosted Events
Christmas Family Day
Sat, 02 Dec 2023 - Sat, 02 Dec
Time: 10:00AM - 3:00pm
Cost: $5, $10 family
Themed family Christmas day with fun crafts, delicious homemade cookies, a special themed raffle, and a scavenger hunt! While you're here make yourself a nice cup of hot chocolate from our hot chocolate bar and take in the spectacular T’was the Night themed Christmas displays in the museum.
North Lanark Regional Museum (Appleton Museum)
Dec 1 Light Up The Night
Dec 2 Santa Claus Parade
Dec 2 The ABBA Christmas Show
Dec 8 - 10 Christmas Craft & Art Show
- The Winter Issue
- Showing the Local Love for the Holidays!
- 2023 Gift Giving Guide
- Setting the Scene for Ethan Claymore
- David McAuslan — Full Cycle
- Arts CP Annual Small Piece Art Show & Sale
- Savour the Symphony of Giving Concert Fundraiser for Lanark Community Garden
- Merrickville’s Makers Market
- Help for the Humane Society!
- A Puppet Playfor the Holidays