Standing Room Only - Based in Almonte
Based in Almonte
Local big band Standing Room Only (aka SRO) launched the popular Almonte tea dances in 2006. They give band members a regular opportunity to perform the music they love to play in a period atmosphere, while allowing guests a chance to listen and dance to live big band music. Over the years, SRO’s Sunday afternoon Almonte tea dances have become widely known, attracting ballroom and swing dancers from as far away as Brockville and Deep River, as well as from the Ottawa area. The music naturally includes a lot of swing music, but also enough waltzes and Latin music such as cha-chas and tangos to keep the ballroom dancers happy.
All Hosted Events
Sun, 30 Apr 2023 - Sun, 30 Apr
Time: 1:00PM - 4:00pm
Cost: $16 ea/$30 couple
Live music and dancing featuring vocalist Saffron Bradbury and Standing Room Only big band. Period dress (1920s-40s) encouraged but not required.
Standing Room Only
Event Contact Details
14 Bridge Street
Mar 7 - May 31 Mississippi Station
Mar 30 Mattie Leon
Mar 31 Gerald McGrath
Apr 1 Kobo Town Dinner & Show
Apr 1 - 2 Maple Weekend
Apr 1 - 2 Pakenham Maple Run Tour
Apr 2 Brooks & Bowskill
Apr 4 Books and Beverages
Apr 9 - May 31 Eric Uren & Meghan Balogh
Apr 14 Harrison Kennedy
- Vaz Zastera — Glass Art by The Wonderful Wizard of Vaz
- The 39 Steps It’s a Comedy… It’s a Thriller… It’s Super Theatre!
- River Life — Botanical Reflections An Exhibit by Linda Hamilton
- Examining the First Rough Drafts of History
- Union Hall’s Famous Pancake Breakfast
- Imagining aSafer Community Women’s Conference Coming to Almonte
- Digging Deep in the Story Mines Folkus presents The Gravel Project with Vicki Brittle & Brock Zeman
- Celebrate at Fulton’s!
- Backyard Beauties for MMLT
- Kate Weekes and Christine Graves Double Album Release Concert at Maberly Hall